To inspire and prepare students to positively contribute to their local and global communities.
Lesley Ellis School fosters an environment of self-discovery, kindness and belonging through our engaging and challenging curriculum, as well as our anti-bias approach. Our students are inquisitive and inspired learners, prepared for every step of their educational journey.
Our Core Values
We Learn About Ourselves
We guide each student to increase their self-awareness. We encourage our students to examine themselves openly and honestly so they become aware of and value their own unique characteristics.
We Are Kind
We care about the well-being of our community. We treat everyone with respect, consideration and compassion.
We Include One Another
We promote an anti-bias perspective throughout our community. We teach the guiding principles of social justice that encourage us
to act against inequity and prejudice, as well as embrace diversity.
We Love Learning
We help students reach their academic potential through creative teaching and a shared joy of learning. We collaborate to create challenging programs
aimed to provoke thought, build skills and foster intellectual curiosity.
A Diverse and Welcoming Community
Everybody is part of something bigger at Lesley Ellis. Everyone belongs. We value each child as a unique individual and also as a member of a vibrant community. Everyone has something to contribute. Everyone makes a difference.
Our commitment to celebrating the broad spectrum of human variety has enriched our community with differences of all kinds. Not only do we welcome families from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds—who bring a diversity of identities, family structures, and belief systems—but we also intentionally explore diversity, equity, and justice as core tenets of our school. We put sensitive topics on the table, so children have a safe place to learn and practice:
- How to resolve differences successfully
- How to think about the meaning of community
- How to support each other
Community is something we consciously create at Lesley Ellis. We work hard at it and nurture it. Our anti-bias curriculum sets both our agenda and tone, ensuring that our values are ever-present. We respect each other’s work, interests, and histories. This is a place where ideas are valued and exchanged freely, and where we listen thoughtfully. We take care of each other and the community to which we all belong.
Lesley Ellis supports the growth of confident, ethical learners by balancing core academic skill building and knowledge acquisition with age appropriate social and emotional development.
Our intentionally small size supports our mission to:
- know every child’s unique talents and interests and understand the learners sitting in front of us at the moment;
- work towards each child’s individual goals while continually discovering and developing new skills;
- take advantage of flexible opportunities at each instructional level to engage students in the most meaningful ways;
- constantly implement new ways to challenge students who thrive at an accelerated pace;
- creatively support students who benefit from supplemental instruction;
- demonstrate and guide behavior that is respectful, kind, collaborative, inclusive, creative, and perseverant.